This year we are going to collect Backpacks for Hope - these backpacks will go to the children in Uganda. We will be collecting backpacks until December 15th.
Beginning October 22nd, you will be able to select a name off of the House of Hope Christmas tree in the Fellowship Hall.
Things to include in your backpack:
1. The most important item you should include in your backpack is a note from your family with a photo of your family.
2. A Bible.
3. A reusable plastic water bottle (you can pack items inside to maximize space)
4. Personal hygiene items: toothbrush, toothpaste, a small bar of soap, a comb or hair brush, a washcloth, a WOW item - something that will make the kids excited (a doll, stuffed animal, a deflated soccer ball)...make sure to include a manual air pump so that the ball can be re-inflated.
5. An outfit of clothing to wear (remember that they live at the equator) - shorts, jeans, t-shirt, flip flops, hair bows, shoes, socks, underwear, sun dress.
6. School Supplies: crayons, pencils, small manual pencil sharpener, pens, coloring books, stickers, flash cards.
*PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE: chalk, paper, notebooks or thick coloring books because of the weight of the items. Also please no damaged items, war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures. Also please no chocolate or food items, no seeds, fruit rolls, drink mixes, medications or breakable items, glass or aerosol cans.
Please attach $10 to the top of the backpack in a SCBC Giving Envelope - this will help cover the cost of shipping. Please make checks payable to Shoal Creek Baptist Church.